Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Interiors from Way Back {Swingin' Pad}


A vintage kitchen on wheels.

Good Housekeeping, May 1968. Back then it was all about using the same print for your wallpaper and furniture fabric.

The Complete Encyclopedia of Homemaking Ideas, 1968. There's a lot going on in this room, but I have to say that I like the floral blinds. Call me crazy, but I like them.

Woman's Day Decorating Guide, 1980. The rainbow blinds are killing me! Wow!

I love the color block rug in this photo.

The Complete Encyclopedia of Homemaking Ideas, 1968. The wallpaper and filigree, floral cushioned chairs are what got my attention in this photo. Want 'em!



The last three photos were taken from the 7th Edition of House and Gardens Complete Guide to Interior Decorating, circa 1970. I love the pink on the walls. The pop of colors in the all white room is very in today. Check out the Flokati rug - that's a little too deep for my tastes, you could drown in that rug!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Some way out crazy hip fun baby...oops sorry I channeled my inner 60s chick & lost control.
Great colors..I just like a bit less all at once.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...