Monday, June 1, 2009

Vintage & Shabby Chic Inspiration - The Shabby Shelf

The covers on these vintage books are beautiful.

I love Rachel Ashwell's books - the pages of her books are beautiful.




Vintage books are inspirational with their fanciful and colorful illustrations of castles and ladies' costumes. Shabby chic books are inspirational with their do-it-yourself decorating ideas and home decor photographs. These books will give you the inspiration you need to start to your own home projects. I have a lot of the books in the photos above, but I see a few that I will add to my collection of home decorating books, like Inspiration by Tricia Guild, Home Sanctuary by Josephine Collins, Country in the City by Liz Bauwens and Alexandra Campbell, Cabbages and Roses: Home-Made Vintage and Sew Pretty Homestyle by Christina Strutt, and Audrey Hepburn An Elegant Spirit by Sean Hepburn Ferrer. I have been trying for months now to find the Make book by Cath Kidston (my favorite author of shabby chic home decorating) here in the States. I'm not giving up - it should be available soon. Go to www.amazon.com and purchase a few of my must reads that I posted on my LibraryThing and see where they take you in your home decor endeavors.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...